Friday, March 1, 2013

On the Road

Roadtrips. Highly not suggested for your first week of a 90 day challenge. A couple friends and I decided to hit the road thursday and travel to Moab, Utah. I must say though - proud that I stuck to wheat crackers and trail mix for my car munchies. I was able to get my cardio workout done before we took off, so I didn't have to worry about that. Drank my Shake-O and headed out the door ready for warmer weather down south.

Friday morning I woke up early for my Total Body workout. Blended some shakeology for myself and my sister, Sarah. She was surprised that the shake didn't taste so terrible. Amber had talked to her about shakeology before and joining a challenge group. We will see if she decides to join! After breakfast my friends and I jumped back into the car and away we went to Arizona, Colorado, and New Mexico. We first stopped at 4 Corners and took a small hike around the area.

Next stop - Mesa Verde. Took a tour to one of the Pueblos built inside the side wall of a cliff. It was fairly intact and we were able to walk around part of it. I tried to maintain healthy snacks and not over eat, but by dinner time we were sitting in a Mexican Restaurant...  All in all, I spent most of the day driving around a few states and I was ready for some major physical activity. Fortunately saturday brought just that.

Arches National Park. One of my favorite places in Utah. Workout done and sandwiches packed, we drove through the entrance and made our way to Delicate Arch. The first part of the hike is always the worse - straight up! The weather was perfect. We could feel the warmth of the sun the whole way up till we reached the shaded areas. There was still snow/ice on the ground in the shade, but most of the hike was in the sun. We arrived at the arch with only a few others there before us. I have never seen Delicate Arch so empty, we practically had free range over the entire area. I busted out my SportMixer Blender Bottle and mixed some ice water with shakeology. Made my friends have some along with my sister again. Can't miss an opportunity to drink shakeology with arches as my background! Got to say - I was surprised how well the shake tasted even though I used water instead of Almond Milk. Though, I did make sure I shook my Blender Bottle really well and for a good amount of time. My friends did not particularly enjoy it, but I thought it was great. Must be the taste buds adapting to my new lifestyle change! At least I am able to maintain my workouts and shakeology while traveling - definitely one of the most healthiest trips I've taken!








No comments:

Post a Comment