Friday, March 8, 2013

Coach Bootcamp

Videos. I watched way too many videos today. I was still sick when I woke and called work off again. So, I spent the morning and afternoon watching the rest of the training videos from my Coach Bootcamp. I had plans later tonight and I didn't want to be too tired. I made the mistake of playing tennis yesterday when I felt even worse. I could not help it though - I have been waiting to play for weeks and the weather finally melted all the snow off the courts. I was not about to let some fever interfere with my tennis time! I also did my Total Body workout even though I told myself all day I wouldn't. But the thought of reporting to my challenge group made me Push Play! So, besides my cardio workout, major rest for today. Anyways, here are a few things I learned or reflected upon today.

Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action

TedTalks - Simon Sinek
  • People buy WHY you do it. 
  • A company will always know What they make. Most employees will know How they make those products. But only a small handful will know Why they make it. 
  • Apple is so successful primarily because they reverse the order - they tell you WHY. Why they have this product and why - to better your life. It is through the WHY people believe what you believe. 
  • Trust = consistency 

Personal Goals:
  • Training for a half-marathon in June
  • Read more good literate books every month
  • Listen to uplifting/motivational talks (TedTalks)
  • Feel more confident at work - not be a "doormat"
  • I want to be more relient on my bike not car
  • Feel control of my life and actions
  • A real lifestyle change - good habits
  • Different job that leads towards future goals
It is always good to write personal goals once and awhile and keep updating them! Most of those are not ones I can check off after a day or two. They are larger goals that can be accomplished by the small choices I made daily. After joining my challenge group I feel I am always being asked my weekly goals, 3, 6, and 12 months goals as well. It is nice to have some ideas of what I hope for in my future and recognize the weekly goals I can place now in order to lead to those larger ones. 

Shakeology - goes hand in hand with my workout experience. Though I have only just begun, I can already see improvements in my life. My body has never responded well to milk and certain liquids. I usually choose Almond milk but my body still had a semi-difficult time with that. I now drink Almond milk every day with my Shakeology and my body feels just fine. It is odd - but true. Shakeology has seriously become a highlight in my day, I crave it all the time. I never thought I would feel that way towards it, but I do. Shakeology has even helped my morning breakfasts. My body seriously never liked anything in the early mornings except toast. Toast has always been my go-to fix whenever my stomach hurt. I eat two slices almost every single morning. After a week of shakeology I started having cereal with almond milk along with my toast. So far so good! It has been along time since my stomach has allowed me to eat cereal for actual breakfast. It has been great!

Here is what I learned about Shakeology: 
Click to learn more

  • Carl Daikeler's (co-creator of Beachbody) wife, Isabelle, put together a "dream team" of ingredients for a healthy "shake"
  • Every bag is tested for integrity in a lab - not factory. 
  • Comparing Shakeology to other protein shakes - enzymes and adaptogons and superfoods
  • It is basically jammed packed with everything you really need


There you have it. Okay, so that is not everything I learned but it is a short summary. I've been talking with Amber throughout the whole day and she has finally boosted me with enough courage and determination to talk with my Boss. Short story - I have not been getting paid consistently and I can longer wait. It has been a problem for a very long time now, but I love my job and boss and kept hoping the situation would get better. While in this "Take Control" high, I have decided that I deserve better and that I need to take action. I originally was going to wait till monday to talk with my Boss in person, but my sister feared I would back out. So, she convinced me to write an email that briefly portrayed my feelings about the situation and how I would like to further talk with her Monday. Short and simple. I felt relieved sending the email - but also nervous for monday. I will keep you posted on how it goes. I would like to just add real quick - my family has been wanting me to quit this job or talk with my boss for a long time now. However, I had lacked the confidence I have gained over these last few weeks. I can't wait and hope for things to get better on their own but I must take action and control of my life. I choose if change happens. 




No comments:

Post a Comment