Monday, February 25, 2013

Hey, I'm Katie

Today is my first day with the Challenge Group. I am nervous and excited! Everyday (except Sundays) we have a mini challenge we can do to earn points. For the first day we are to post a video of us introducing ourselves for about 2 minutes. Key points we needed to hit: why we are doing this challenge and what we wish to accomplish. Fortunately I have a MacBook, so I simply opened up iMovie and started recording. Only, I couldn't stop recording... I had to redo my video a whole lot of times. Who would of thought 2 minutes would take so long! After a couple run throughs I had to write down bullet points to help me stay focused and remember what I was supposed to say. Eventually I got through 2 minutes without laughing or pausing way too long. So, here it is.


Finally getting past those 2 minutes I got down to business. The Workout. Opened up the package, popped in the disk and Pushed Play! I waited to do my first workout after coming home from work. I trimmed trees all day so my arms were already feeling pretty sore. Fortunately day one was Cardio. The kit came with a band that I could hook to the door to help add resistance to the workout, however I decided not to use them this time around. I was doing the workout in my room which is small and I was worried my roommate would walk in with me strapped to the door....

Before Pictures
Anyways, Cardio was not too bad. It almost felt like Tennis practice in high school. We did a lot of similar moves and I loved it. One of my main motivations in accomplishing this challenge is to be more fit for sports. I love sports, especially Bball and Tennis, so I want to keep my body fit and ready for court-time. Tony Horton created the 10 minute Trainer and he is the one directing his workout "assistant." I've heard annoying trainers before, but I would say Tony is pretty good. I think he believes he is more funny then he really is, but that's kind of his charm. Will see if that's how I still feel after a few more workouts with him.

Food wise I faired not too bad. Lunch time I ate a pita pocket stuffed with peppers, mung sprouts, and roasted red-pepper humus. It was a nice and fresh change from the usual lunch of cold quesadilla. I would rate the overall day a 4.5 - I did say no to ice cream tonight and ate fresh strawberries instead!

Day 1 - Crushed it!




No comments:

Post a Comment